Thursday, October 14, 2010

Times are a changin'.


That's right--things are about to get pretty crazy around here! I say "about to", even though I am already 16 weeks pregnant, because I feel like the really crazy stuff hasn't really happened yet. Well, I better just start from the beginning...

Jono and I had an amazing and unforgettable wedding just 2 1/2 years ago in California, and that's where our marriage journey began. 2008 seems like SOOO long ago, but it truly has been such a blast since then that it also seems like the fastest 2 1/2 years of my life thus far. We have been living in the DFW area since, and on our 1 year anniversary (yes, the exact day--May 11th), we purchased our first home in the Lake Highlands area where we now reside with our dog Teddy and my expanding belly that is currently housing our future beh-beh.

So anyways, that's the boring stuff. On to the good stuff. Jono and I found out in late July that our lives were about to change... FOR-E-VER (cue picture of kid in Sandlot right now). There is honestly NO MOMENT, at least not that I have experienced thus far in life, that you look at yourself in the mirror and say, "this is the moment where my life changes forever", like the moment when you get a positive pregnancy test. Without going into detail I will say that this pregnancy was definitely not in the "plan", but we couldn't be more excited and grateful to move into this phase of life. God has truly blessed us in our marriage together, and this next step is the most exciting yet! For the most part in this blog, I will be documenting our pregnancy and life post-baby. It is sure to be full of excitement! Thanks for reading!

Oh! And for your viewing pleasure, above is a pic of my first "hint" of a bump. This was taken at 14 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment