Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's a GIRL!!!!!!!

Well, last night we FINALLY had the big reveal party! I don't think I have been that nervous in a LONG time. Something about finding out the answer to the question you have been pondering in your head for the past 4 1/2 months is truly nerve-wracking!! It was such a special night with our families and I am so happy and blessed that we got to share this moment with them. As you can imagine, Jono and I are so thrilled that we will be parents to a little girl in the spring!! If you know our family history, then you know that boy genes run STRONG. So honestly, in all our lives, neither one of us ever imagined that we would have a girl first. We both always pictured having a boy first, and maybe even second and third. And though we both would love to have a boy, I have always known that a girl is a MUST for me at some point. I would never have told people this before last night, but I felt so strongly since the moment I found out I was pregnant that I was going to be having a little girl that I would have been so surprised if it were a boy (happy, but surprised). However, the reality that we are ACTUALLY having a girl is still so surreal and I can't believe it! Can't wait to meet our daughter!!


Here are a few pics from the party last night, and a video of how it all went down at the bottom!

This is the table where we had the cake as well as some cute boy and girl things my mom had purchased. As you can see, everything on the left is blue and everything on the right is pink! She will soon be returning the blue items:).



I had the guests publicly state their vote by tying either a pink or blue ribbon around their apple cider mug. I think the blue ribbon was the clear winner last night! But like I mentioned, if you know our family history, this was not surprising:).



Here is a close-up of the cake. Society Bakery did a great job and it was DELISH!



Waiting to cut into the cake and find out!



About to cut it and so nervous!



It's PINK and we are so happy!!



Still can't believe it!


I tried to post the video of us cutting the cake last night, but it is not working!:( Here is a link to the video on my brother's FB profile. Hopefully that works! Thanks for the video, John!


2 comments:

  1. So thrilled for y'all!! What a cute party! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy...it goes by so fast. You'll be holding that sweet girl before you know it! Happy shopping for PINK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, A GIRL!!! Congratulations!!

    I can't get over how cute your idea was for the icing in the middle of the cake!

    ReplyDelete