Thursday, October 14, 2010

16 weeks and counting...


Today I had my 3rd doctor's appointment!!! Until you are pregnant, you will never understand the torture and pain of waiting the excruciatingly long month in between each appointment. You're probably thinking, "A doctor's appointment every month?? That seems like a lot and definitely does not sound like a long time to wait, Annie." Well, you would be.... WRONG!!!! I feel like it is almost criminal to make a pregnant woman sit and wait and wonder if everything is developing ok in there, and it should be illegal. Yes, ILLEGAL. And don't get me started on my sonogram-envy. Yes, that is a real disease. I feel so jealous of every woman who gets to have a sonogram because I have not had one since 6 weeks, and won't get to have one until 20 weeks. They are depriving me!! Ok, I'm over complaining. Sorry about that. Good news from the doc appointment: everything is going GREAT and we got to hear our favorite heartbeat again today. She said it sounded amazing, and was about 155 BPM. Praise the Lord for a healthy pregnancy thus far!

Here are a few answers to questions people have been asking me:

1) Were you guys "trying"? (Ew, I do not like that phrase): As I said in my first post, the answer is no, we were not "trying". We believe this was totally the Lord's timing for our lives and we are PUMPED that we will soon be parents!

2) Did you have morning sickness?: No, I did not. I almost feel guilty saying that, but it's true. I did, at times, experience mild queasiness that could usually be settled by eating some crackers and Sprite. Thank you Jesus for no sickness because, if you know me, you know that throwing up is my biggest fear in life. And yes, I do realize I will have to get over this as a mom, but it's baby steps. Literally. Ha.

3) What other symptoms have you had?: I have had headaches pretty often, and one that was pretty severe lasting 24 hours. That would be my biggest complaint, so I guess that's not too bad. I also had some cramping at the beginning which the doctor assured me was very normal.

4) Do you have cravings?: Ummm, I would say that I get really STRONG cravings for certain foods, but it's never anything weird and not consistent. It's usually for something unhealthy, so I have to be sure and resist those cravings for the most part, and only give into them ever so often.

5) Do you work out?: Yes, I have maintained my 5 x's a week workout schedule. Before you hate on me, remember that I am only working part-time right now so I do have the time to hit the gym. Also, I didn't START this regime after getting pregnant, I am merely maintaining it, but with less intensity of course. And it makes me feel great! I love it! I hope to continue it for as long as my body will allow:).

6) Are you gaining weight at a crazy fast speed?: No, not yet at least. At my 2nd appointment I somehow lost a pound, and at my third I gained 2, making me +1 from my pre-pregnancy weight. I will not be announcing my weight gain throughout, however, because I'm sure it will only sky-rocket from here!!

7) Can you still fit into your regular clothes, or are you in maternity clothes?: I can thankfully still wear all of my normal clothes, but I did purchase some designer maternity jeans for the future (thank you Amanda, Bromli, and my mom!), and may have worn them a few times already, oops. I mean, jeans with an elastic band?? YES PLEASE!! They are just too comfy to resist sometimes! You know you would do it too, pregnant or not.

8) Are you planning to deliver naturally? Ummm heck to the NO!!!! I am so proud of all you moms out there that delivered sans epidural, but this girl is not as tough as you. DRUGS PLEASE!:)

9) Are you going to find out the sex, and do you have a feeling as to what it is?: We are FOR SURE, 100% finding out. Again, I totally respect and admire all you moms out there that waited or are waiting until delivery day to find out, but I don't know how you do it!! I am not patient enough!! I can barely wait til 20 weeks. And on that note, our gender sonogram is our next appointment--November 11th!! And we both feel like it is a girl, but seriously, who knows?? We are very aware that it very well could be a bouncing baby boy, and we will be happy either way!

10) Do you have any names picked out?: We have had a girl name picked out since before we got married probably, and have ZERO boy names. Why are boy names so hard?? Suggestions please!

Ok, I believe that's all the questions for now. If you have any others, feel free to ask:).

Until the next update!

2 comments:

  1. It was great seeing you and Jono at the wedding! I'm glad I got on Facebook tonight and saw your post....can't wait to follow your amazing journey through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary Pat!! It was so great seeing you guys too, and your little Evie (sp?) is ADORABLE!! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete