Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Misery: Party of 2

Week 32 is definitely one that will be remembered, and not for good reasons. As all of you Dallas-ites remember clearly, last week we had 4 LOOONG days holed up in our casas because of the snow/ice storm that literally would not allow us to leave our homes because our driveways were iced over, among other reasons. But, alas, the sun came out on Saturday, again after 4 LONG days, and most of us set out to conquer the day with our to-do lists, looking for a cure for our cabin fever. However, on this special day, I woke up with a lot of chest congestion. But I though to myself, "Huh, that's weird. I haven't been sick with a cold in 3 years. My immune system is indestructible. This can't be right, I never get sick!". But as the day went on, and the next day came, I faced the reality that I do, in fact, get sick. VERY SICK. It started off with just the chest congestion, which then led to lots of coughing, leading to a chronic sore throat, and then nasal congestion, all accompanied by a FEVER! So, after 3 long days of this I finally went to the doctor today and found out that I do have:

1) Bronchitis
2) Upper Respiratory Infection
3) Sinus Infection
4) Again, all accompanied by fever

MAN! I knew I was miserable. Oh, and let me add that my husband went with me because he woke up with all the same symptoms this morning because he is now sick with all of the above! Lord, please help us.

However, there is a small silver lining: today my glider was delivered and I found out my baby bedding is in the mail and on it's way!! Thanks to both Grandma's for those 2 wonderful gifts!! The other silver lining is that I know that it could be a lot worse. Hey, at least I didn't have the stomach bug or the flu!

Oh, but one more down side is that now that I have antibiotics and should be on the road to recovery, we are expected to have another 1 or 2 snow days!! AHHH, get me outta this house!! It has now been 4 days since I have worked out which is the longest I have gone without working out this pregnancy. You would think I would enjoy the break, but I am sooo ready to be back at the gym again too! Hoping week 33 brings us better luck:).

1 comment:

  1. I hope you and your hubby feel better! It's no fun being sick let alone pregnant and sick!

    ReplyDelete