Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'm obsessed with metallic paint, part 2....and 3

Another post that is not about my precious little nugget munch! (Seriously, where do I get these nicknames??) I'm getting crazy over here at my blog, peoples. So, if you read THIS post, then you know about my recent liking to these metallic paints I bought at Hobby Lobby. Well, after the successful dining room project, I decided to take my metallic paint elsewhere in my house.

My husband and I have been thinking about our backsplash in our kitchen for quite some time now, but haven't really wanted to spend the $$$ on all the tile, grout, labor, etc. to get it done. Soooo I had this idea! Why not use that beautiful metallic paint on the backsplash and give ourselves a nice, new, (cheaper) original-looking backsplash! I cannot believe how it transformed our kitchen. It was a little hard to JUST paint the backsplash because they it leads into some of our kitchen walls (see below), so I ended up painting those walls too--and I love it. Makes me wonder how I lived with those awful white walls for so long.

Take a look at the pics and I hope you'll agree it's a nice improvement!

BEFORE (ugly white walls and backsplash)

BEFORE (more ugly white walls and backsplash)


BEFORE


AFTER!


AFTER


AFTER!

Ta-dah!! What do you think?? It warms up our kitchen so much, and I really think it is an easy solution for a kitchen lacking a backsplash. Oh, and FYI, this is the same brand of paint I used in the dining room, but this color is called Champagne Gold. LOVE!

And while I was at Hobby Lobby picking up the paint, I started looking for something for this other project I've had floating around in my head for a while. I've been wanting to make a cute coat rack to go by our front door where I had blank wall space.

So I purchased this:

And turned it into this:


I used the leftover paint from the dining room to paint the wood, and purchased one piece of $0.99 of ADORABLE scrapbook paper and glued it in the center. Turned out pretty cute, right?



Oh, and I painted the frame too:). It used to be black, now it is champagne.

Ok, and ONE MORE recent project I have to share because it was just so easy!! I had this wall in my guest bedroom that I've been meaning to improve/update. So, I went to Michaels and bought 4 frames on sale for $5 each, and 4 pieces of really cute scrapbook paper (again), and made this! Love the way adds some cheer to the room!



3 comments:

  1. LOOOVE!!!!! Can you please make this the DIY + Baby blog??? I love these posts!!! I want to do a coat rack now :) we are lacking the backsplash at this point haha! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those do look so good! I am inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! i would love nothing more than to paint the 15 ft WHITE walls in our flat. drives me cuckoo. bravo!

    ReplyDelete