Wednesday, December 8, 2010

So long waistline...

Holy cow. Holy cow. Holy cow. On Friday I will be 6 MONTHS PREGNANT!!! How did this happen? This is starting to get very real, very fast. I cannot believe the amount that I have grown in the past couple of weeks. I think I officially look pregnant. For so long so many people said, "Oh, I can't even tell you're pregnant!", but lately, I am not getting that anymore, haha. On one hand, it is fun to grow and get my "bump" I've been waiting so long for, but on the other hand, it's hard to adjust to "getting bigger". Any other preggos out there ever dealt with this? It just feels that for so much of our lives we do everything we can to not get "bigger"--work out, eat healthy, drink green tea, etc. in order to not get bigger. And then you get pregnant. And pregnancy goes against every rule you have ever followed as a figure-watching woman. Know what I'm sayin'? I'm not complaining, just adjusting. I think it takes some time, but hopefully pretty soon I'll just be used to it!

So here I am in all my glory at 6 months! Can you find the waistline?? Doubt it!


Other than my growing belly, tomorrow I have my 6 month appointment at the doc and they will be administering the gestational diabetes test. I hear they make you drink this nasty glucose drink and I'm not too thrilled about it. But we'd appreciate prayers that the results come back in normal for that test!

Also, we have begun the registering process. Holy overwhelming! I wish I even knew a little bit what a products I "must" have. So, if you have any suggestions, please by all means, leave a comment!

I guess that's all the updates for today--getting ready for the next few months to FLY! And for the fun part to really start!

4 comments:

  1. Hey hot momma!! You look great! I'll be thinking about you with your upcoming appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look PRECIOUS!!!! Enjoy that bump!! And, I actually liked the drink they give you for the test! Pick the orange flavor if they give you a choice.

    Things that we're using all of the time/I like/Lucy's likes.....MIRACLE BLANKET, Aden and Anais swaddle blankets and their burp cloths (so soft), bouncer/vibrator, video monitor, Boppy Pillow or My Breast Friend for feeding, Boppy's water proof pads for your changing table (we go through about 2 of these a day), Pampers Sensitive wipes and diapers (we tried Huggies diapers and she leaked like crazy in them, but some people prefer Huggies over Pampers...you will need LOTS AND LOTS of diapers!), Oxi Clean Baby Spray (great stain remover), we love the City Mini Stroller by Baby Jogger (folds very easily and is light weight) and our Peg Perego car seat (there is a car seat adapter that you can get for the stroller so that your car seat connects to it), Soft Spot by Wuzzy play mat (AMAZING....we use it everyday during her awake time)! Fisher Price's My Little Lamb Swing. Have fun registering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeez, you still look amazing. And 6 months is so close, you're gonna be rockin' that baby girl before ya know it.

    I think my most used things were a sling- an easy pocket sling like these, not too fussy and kinda cute:
    http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=HotSlings&rh=n%3A165796011%2Ck%3AHotSlings&page=1

    And a swing, the cradle ones are the best:
    http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Rainforest-Open-Top-Cradle-Swing/dp/B000I2WAY4/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1291933365&sr=1-2

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look phenomenol! With Gavin I was huge everywhere by this point, with Kailee, I had a HUGE belly already. Enjoy the next 3 months because that's when you'll start stressing about losing. I remember the night before I had Kailee thinking, "Darnit, now I'm gonna have to start watching what I eat again!"

    I agree about the sling (it was especially convenient when shopping because the baby was up close to me and no one could breath on her or mess with her unless I wanted them to).

    And register for an adorable carseat cover! I got mine at my aunt's store in Plano (Cat and the Fiddle--on Preston at Spring Creek near Weirs).

    ReplyDelete