Thursday, April 19, 2012

"Whooooo's 1?" Lola's 1st Birthday Party!

Ok, so I know I am not the most "on top of it" blogger, but I never thought it would take me this long to do Lola's birthday party post! If I'm being honest, chasing around this very busy almost 13-month old wears me out, and when I do get those breaks, sometimes the last thing I want to do is blog. BUT, I have been very excited about sharing Lola's birthday party with you! (whoever you are?)

Anyways, I can't really describe in words how special this day was to me. It was up at the top of my "favorite days" list, next to her actual birthday. I don't know why, but there is something very special about your first baby having their first birthday, and kind of celebrating my first year of motherhood as well. It was such a milestone year for us, and Lola is the biggest blessing I could possibly imagine, so I LOVED taking a day to celebrate her, and just who she is.

I worked my TAIL off getting ready for this party. And there were definitely times I questioned why I was spending so much time preparing for a party that my daughter would never remember? But in my head all I could think was, "Lola is so special to me, and I just want this party to reflect how special she is and celebrate all that she has brought to our lives this past year." I really did think that constantly, honestly. So I hope the party came across that way.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day, made even more beautiful by the loved ones that surrounded us. I truly couldn't have asked for more. (Side note: I'm very grateful that is was such a nice day, because we were able to have much of the party in our backyard rather than our small house. My biggest fear about this party was what we were going to do with all these people if it rained! Because of this fear, we did our very best to keep the list small, but with our big families, that was hard to do!)

Here are some pics of the special day! It was an owl theme: "Look whoooooo's turning 1!"

The table with all the goodies





Owl cupcakes I made


Owl S'mores I made


Smash Cake!


Owl paper lanterns I made (Noticing a theme? Lots of handmade things here thanks to Pinterest!)


We hoped this was the REAL theme of the party. So true!


Photo garland with all her monthly "chair" pictures


Yummy Uptown Popcorn with paper cones covered with pics of Lola!


Owl party favors--these were a labor of love, but love how they turned out!


The front of our house decorated


Up-close of the front porch decor. The sign says, "Whoooo's 1? LOLA!"


The backyard decor


Flowers on the tables outside


Up-close of the flowers outside


Pom poms in the trees


Good friends Alli & Taylor with little Payton Schmidt!


Some of my sweet high school friends


More guests


Papaw and Lola!


Grandmother (Lola) with Lola! So happy Grandmother & Papaw came


"Lola's 1!"


Our good friend McKamy Zuniga. These kids were playing hard!


The Herrington's, including little Jackson


About to sing Happy Birthday!


Trying to encourage her to dig in. She wasn't really feeling it.


"I'm one!"


Charlie Henkel and Hudson Nutter playing in our new sand and water table


More high school friends


Taylor & Payton Schmidt and Jordan & Halle Pearl Wheaton:)


Can't believe my baby is 1!


We got some seriously cute presents!


Ready for summer!


"Lola Kate Spade" :)


Got to have the bloomers with her name on them!


Uncle John & (Almost) Aunt Kate!


My SIL about to pop with baby Gracyn! She was born April 4th.


Fancy, mom, & Lola. Birthday girl was POOPED!

I hope these pics show what a special day it was. I had so much fun, and a big thanks to all those that made it so wonderful! Happy 1st Birthday sweet Lola!

6 comments:

  1. Darling party!!!! Happy birthday Lola! We need to get these girls together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um I am in love with everything! The decor, the smores cookies, HER, your pink shorts (and really entire outfit), and her Lola bloomers... cherry on top! I loved looking at all of these- felt like I was there! Work VERY well done my dear! You were a busy DIY-er :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE! You did a great job! Love the theme, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! And I am definitely one of your readers :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hasn't your child turned 2??!!! And aren't you expecting?? Update your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete