Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lola meets Lola.

Lola Kate Houston got to meet her namesake, Lola Jean Sanford (my grandmother on my mom's side), a few days after she was born. I have always known since I was a young girl that when and if I had a daughter, I wanted to name her Lola. I think the name is beautiful in general, but it is even more special when the name has significance. And the original Lola has a lot of significance in my life, as she has been around for pretty much every major (and minor) event in my life. She has been an awesome grandmother to me my whole life, and I am so happy to now have my own Lola to carry on her legacy.

Also-- it is no secret that I am super close to my mom, and have unknowingly followed in her footsteps in so many ways throughout my life. There have been so many times when we have compared stories about our lives and realized we ended up doing the exact same thing in countless situations. So anyways, the other day my mom and I were talking, and we all of the sudden realized (yes, we're slow) that we BOTH named our daughters after our grandmothers! I was named after her dad's mom, Annie, and my daughter is named after my mom's mom, Lola! Craziness!

Here are some photos of Lola and Lola's first meeting:



1 comment:

  1. aww i love both lolas! i still think its so crazy our grandmas were friends. such a small world!

    ReplyDelete